When I saw this card by Jill Olsen I thought “I LOVE IT!!” I just loved the colors and design layout right away, but I thought the pom-pom trim might make it a little more difficult to mail… as in they would want to charge me more. I like to keep my cards pretty flat for mailing, but I immediately thought that this would make a great layout for a mini treat bag. And I was right!! Look what I made!!!
I made a plain white bag with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit Dies and Whisper White card stock, then I decorated it up just like Jill’s card. Well, almost just like. I didn’t have the “joy” stamp and I wanted to scale that ornament down because the mini treat bag is smaller than the card. I think this will be a fun bag to give a little treat in.
Tips for Making this Treat Bag:
- Use Tear & Tape adhesive to put together the Mini Treat Bag. Super easy to use and it stays stuck.
- Use glue dots to adhere the 2-1/8″ x 3-11/16″ striped vellum to the top of the bag. I just used one glue dot in each of the four corners. Vellum is tricky because you can usually see adhesive through it. The glue dots are pretty low key. You can still see them if you look close, but they are not obnoxious.
- The bottom 1-3/4″ x 3-11/16″ Real Red card stock is embossed with the Softly Falling folder. Attach with Fast Fuse so it sticks well.
- That Red Pom-Pom trim is so yummy!!! It’s just tied on in the Silver Cording. I love those little pom-poms so much I want to make a necklace out of them. Would that be wrong?
- How about that cute little ornament. It’s just circle punches and that cute little ornament hook from the Delicate Ornaments Framelits Dies. That glimmer paper is gorgeous but it’s hard to get stuff to stick to it. I always use Fast Fuse.
Okay, now you try it! Look for a card you like and see if you can transform the design into a gift bag. It’s a great way to think outside the box!
The Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies are 30% OFF thru 11/30! These treat bags can be used for ANY occasion all year long!! Get your set now.
Supplies Used to make the Mini Treat Bag: