I don’t know about you, but lately I find myself having even less time to make cards and be creative. So I like my cards to be quick & easy, yet I want them to look good too! One of the ways to do that is to let your patterned paper do the work for you!
Patterned papers, scrapbook papers, pretty papers, designer series papers… whatever you call them, they are available in a wide variety of colors and patterns that are the perfect start to a card. They are a great place to start, so grab a piece you like and go from there. The colors and pattern of the paper will guide you to pick stamps, ink and embellishments to use with it.
A fun colorful piece requires only a little more to make it into a nice card…
3-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Note Card
Confetti paper: 3-1/2″ x 5″
Whisper White: 2″ x 3-1/4″
This card was really easy to put together. I mean really, really easy.
- Just cut the confetti paper to fit the front of the card and glue it on.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday” a little high of center on Whisper White card stock in Melon Mambo ink (color pulled from the confetti paper).
- Add washi tape to the bottom of the Happy Birthday piece. One end is torn for interest and the other is wrapped around the back of the white card stock.
- Add the Happy Birthday piece to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to give it a little pop.
- That’s it, you’re done! Although, you shouldn’t leave your envelope naked. Stamp a balloon or two on it!
Quick & easy. When you’re in a hurry it’s even quicker than running to the store to buy a card. 🙂