If I could only have one ink pad I would pick the VersaMark pad. Hopefully I’m never in that situation, but in case you ever find yourself in a “give me all your stamp pads but one” life-or-death position, now you’ll know which one to keep.
Whisper White card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
Peekaboo Peach: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Bermuda Bay: 3/4″ x 3-1/2″
Circle Size: 1-7/8″
This ink pad is like magic. MAGIC, I tell you! It’s a watermark pad so that no matter what color card stock you stamp on it looks that color, plus the ink stays sticky long enough to use it for embossing. There are 472 gazillion things you can do with it but I’ll start off with 5 so as to not overwhelm you. 🙂
5 VersaMark Techniques
- Watermark – Create a tone on tone effect by stamping on colored card stock. The image will be just a little bit darker shade than the card stock you are stamping on. (Like the suns on the card shown above!)
- Heat Embossing – Stamp your image, add any color embossing powder and heat.
- Heat Embossing with Classic Ink Pads – Ink up your stamp with VersaMark, then ink with a color and stamp. Add clear emboss powder and heat. You now have embossing in a rainbow of colors without buying any more powder. Just be sure to clean your stamp before you use the VersaMark pad again!
- Emboss Resist Technique – Stamp image in VersaMark on white card stock then add clear emboss powder and heat. Use a sponge, sponge dauber or sponge brayer to apply colored ink over the embossed image. The image will resist the ink! Use a tissue to wipe excess ink off the embossed image.
- Shadow Effect – Stamp an outline image with VersaMark ink on colored card stock and then stamp it a second time with white craft ink just a bit offset. Use your Stamp-a-ma-jig!
If you don’t have a VersaMark pad now’s the time to get one so you can start adding some of this MAGIC to your cards! If you already have one, go grab it and try one of these techniques right now.
Supplies Used on Sunshine Card:
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Peekaboo Peach 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Bermuda Bay 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
Tools & Adhesive